Sunday, May 18, 2008

Thirteen Nations Represented

We have the wonderful opportunity of serving here with 204 young missionaries and 6 wonderful senior couples. I thought I would post the different countries we have represented here and the number of missionaries serving:

Mexico: 125
USA: 64 (+12 with the couples)
Argentina :2
Nicaragua: 2
Guatemala: 2
Ecuador: 2
Honduras: 2
Bolivia: 1
El Salvador: 1
Panama: 1
Uruguay: 1
Costa Rica: 1
Peru:1

The majority of these missionaries speak Spanish as their first language. It's surprising to me to see how many of them know some English. They are a great help to me in learning Spanish.

Our senior couples are wonderful and I don't know what we would do without them. It's marvelous to see them here doing what they do, and getting around this city so well. A couple of weeks ago we had a breakfast to say goodbye to one of them, the Greer's from Nevada. We'll miss them!

No comments: