I finally found some spring style traps at Home Depot on Friday night. I bought four, and Russ and Ryan set all four - one in each corner, and they left the sticky traps out, too. They used a little bit of peanut butter on each trap for bait. Saturday morning, nothing had happened.
Saturday afternoon we went to do the grocery shopping for our transfer week that starts Monday. We have 11 missionaries arriving, 9 from the MC MTC, and 3 from Provo MTC (but they are delayed because of visas again). We have our biggest group so far of departing missionaries on Wednesday - 22. So for all these missionaries we need a lot of food. I also need access to the pantry. I was pretty worried.
Saturday night Russ and Ryan checked the traps again, making sure they were all in place and ready to snap. Russ thought he heard one of the traps snap in the night, and then this morning, I thought I heard one of them snap as well. When Russ went in to see what was going on, two of the traps were upside down, snapped, and the mouse had it's tail caught in the third. He was running around with the trap attached!
He headed for the gap in the shelves again when he saw Russ, but since the trap was too big he couldn't get away. Russ got him out of the house, and HURRAY - no more mouse. I am leaving the fourth trap out today just in case he had a friend, but we think that is unlikely.
I am really thankful to have this taken care of before our transfer week starts! I wasn't sure what I was going to do, since it is a big cooking event and lots of people in the house. Just in the nick of time. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Ellen, I say "Hurrah!!!!"
also. I hope you have a good week
and that the mouse didn't have any
relatives living in your house.
Love, Mom
Yea! It is so stressful to have something like that in your house... you feel invaded! Lisa had about 5 mice in her brand new house last fall and it took them two weeks to finally get rid of them all! Yuck!
Post a Comment