Friday, December 5, 2008

New Missionaries


We got our seven delayed missionaries from Provo on Tuesday! It's great to have them here, we hope they'll adjust quickly. We took them to La Onda for tacos al pastor, gringas, and alhambre. Some of the favorite foods of the locals :) We almost always have the two secretaries with us, and also the two assistants. They enjoy going with the new missionaries - and they enjoy having some great tacos. :)
We'll do it again in about four weeks :)
Russ and I were counting it up - in 2008 we've had about 142 missionaries go home, and 142 missionaries arrive. That's 71% of the mission that is new this year. Next year will be more stable, and the groups that arrive and depart won't be so huge. I think the biggest group next year is 9. This year the biggest group was 26. I'm glad it will settle down a little - big groups are a lot of work!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Holy cow! 26 at once! I bet that is insane! Looks like a good group. :)