Friday, July 24, 2009

Airport Problems

Well, Ryan has safely arrived in Argentina, we've received the first email and he is doing well. We were a little surprised that he will be in the 3 week program instead of the 8 week program, but I'm sure they tested him and know what they are doing down there. :)

The airport thing has been so weird for the last 3 trips. The first one, we missed picking up Tyler, due to a lot of confusion and flight delays. Next, on the way to the airport last Wednesday we realized we had forgotten Ryan's passport, and had to go back and get it, and in Mexico City you can't just turn around and go back, you have to go a completely different route - a route we had never gone before. We made it back in time, but it was REALLY stressful.

Then yesterday, we had an Elder from Argentina scheduled to go home with a flight at 10 pm. The secretaries came to the temple at 7 pm to pick him up and take him to the airport (about 15 minutes away). They realized they had forgotten his passport and visa, so had to go all the way back to the office, and then to the airport. Traffic was very heavy and they didn't make it back in time. We'll try to get him home tonight on the 10 pm flight.

I've heard that things like this come in three's - so I hope this is it for a long time :)

3 comments:

Grandma A said...

I think Ryan is probably better at Spanish than he thought he was.

Jill said...

Wow, I can't believe he's already gone... I still picture him as a 5-year old for some reason. You and Russ must be getting OLD!! jk He is going to do awesome!

Blaine said...

Good luck to Ryan. I'm sure he will be great.