Last Wednesday Russ, Ryan, and I went over to Temple Square to attend a special meeting with all four of the Mexico City missions and the MTC missionaries (about 900 total) with Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, Sis. Holland, Elder L. Whitney Clayton and Sis. Clayton. Elder Holland talked to the missionaries about establishing deep roots for the church in Mexico. It was great to hear his counsel.

The Temple has been closed for about a year and a half, but will be rededicated on Sunday, Nov. 16th. We have heard that it will probably be President Monson that will come to do this.

After the meeting, Elder Holland directed our mission president's seminar in Cuernavaca. What a great opportunity for us to be with him for 3 days! The first evening we got to sit at the Holland's table for dinner. On the last night, we also got to sit at their table, and I got to sit right next to Sis. Holland. She is a very sweet, beautiful lady. I enjoyed talking to her very much.
2 comments:
Great Pictures. The 3 of you look
so nice. I can't get over how much
Ryan looks like a missionary and he
looks taller and older than he did when he was here in June.
I can just imagine how good it would be to get to talk to an apostle in such a close meeting, and to sit right by Sister Holland.
Love, Mom
WHOA! Ryan looks like Ty in that picture.
Post a Comment