Friday, August 15, 2008

A Busy Week

Our 3 delayed American missionaries are finally here! Only 4 weeks late :) Two arrived here on Tuesday afternoon, and the last one arrived Thursday evening. In between this, we had four elders go home 2 weeks early, leaving here on Wednesday. (They had personal circumstances that they just needed to be home a little early)

Last night, one of the elders scheduled to go home in two weeks called - he has been struggling with some health issues for the past six months, and wanted to hang in there. In the last few days, the issues have become a little more serious, so Russ and the elder decided that he needed to go home. He's on his way home today, he really gave it all he had.

Russ also finished up the Zone Conferences/Interviews this week, now he is working on the transfers. He has had a very busy week. Sometimes it feels like we are running down a hill pulling a wagon - and one of the wheels is just about to fall off! This week has been like that. Hopefully, next week will be calmer - and Ryan starts back to school, he only had 2 months of summer vacation, with football almost every day, but I think he is ready. :)

3 comments:

Brandon said...

All I can say is...WOW. I think I would have to make a list just to keep what you said on the blog straight. I don't know how you guys do it.

Grandma A said...

That pulling a wagon down a hill with the wheel about to come off reminded me of the pioneers. They
probably didn't have it much harder than you guys do. It was just a different kind of stress.

Jill said...

Holy cow, what a crazy life you guys lead right now, hopefully it's making the time fly by for you and you'll be home before you know it!