Wednesday, November 5, 2008

La Casa del Senor

Last night we took Ryan over to the Open House of the temple. This was only his second time touring a temple. The first time was in Mt. Timpanogos and he was only six years old. It was great to walk through with him and discuss the different rooms and have him feel the beautiful, reverent spirit of the temple.

Tens of thousands of people have toured the temple in the past two and a half weeks. The open house ends this Saturday. The cultural event will be held on Saturday, Nov. 15th. The re-dedication will be Sunday, Nov. 16th. What a great time to be a missionary in Mexico City!






I didn't take these pictures, they are from the church web site, but I love these. The celestial room is so beautiful. The ceiling has an Aztec pattern, so does the carpet. Every temple has the same elements, but somehow the Church manages to personalize each one to the location. It's a really beautiful temple.

2 comments:

Grandma A said...

I certainly agree with you about how beautiful the temple is, inside and out. I think I am going to get to go to a broadcast of the rededication on Nov. 16th.
I called the Dept. of Temples yesterday and they are sending my ticket to my Bishop or Stake President and then I will have an interview and go to the Bingham Creek Stake building on that day.:)

Jill said...

That is a beautiful temple! I am so happy for you that you get to be in the celestial room with Pres. Monson during the dedication! That is a memory you will always have. ;)