Saturday, November 22, 2008

Re-dedication of the Temple

Last weekend was a wonderful time to be in Mexico City as a missionary. We got to participate in the Re-dedication of the temple here, and also the Cultural Celebration at Azteca Stadium. Here are a few pictures from last weekend. Some I took myself, and some are from the Church News.

President Thomas S. Monson, his daughter Ann Dibb, President Henry B. Eyring and his wife Kathleen Eyring came to Mexico City. Russ, Ryan and I attended the second dedicatory session. The music was so beautiful! The last song actually sounded like angels were singing with them. I loved it!

This is part of Azteca Stadium where the cultural celebration was held. It has a capacity of 110,000. I read that there were 87,000 people in attendance. The crowd loved waving their white handkerchiefs to say hello to Pres. Monson
Russ and I got to sit in the box where Pres. Monson sat. It is a large booth and probably holds over 100 people. The Area Presidency, Area Seventies, and other mission presidents from Mexico were in attendance.

t
The front row of missionaries are from our mission. Somehow they got positioned on the front row facing the prophet! It was great.

All the missionaries from six missions sat together. Ryan got to sit with them, we think he is the one standing right in the lower middle of the picture. That's the area where he was anyway.




Our mission provided parking attendants for the re-dedication, and they are also featured in the Church News this week. They all loved being a part of this extraordinary event.

4 comments:

Grandma A said...

Thanks for all the updates and for
the great pictures. It certainly is a wonderful time to be a missionary in Mexico City.

Jill said...

What a great experience that must have been!

Brandon said...

You guys are looking good! Just so you all know, I was born the exact day that the Mexico City Temple was dedicated for the first time so I guess that this makes it a family affair!

R Bull said...

I was there!!! Oh and I updated my blog